We recognise that your privacy is important. This document outlines the types of personal information we receive and collect when you use the service, as well as some of the steps we take to safeguard information. We hope this will help you make an informed decision about sharing personal information with us.
1. User Information
When you use Muda Services, we collect information sent to us through your computer, mobile phone, or other access device. This includes personal data that you volunteer on forms which you submit to us and in emails that you send to us. In addition we automatically gather details of browser types and IP addresses of the users who visit our site. We do not release this information to any outside party, except in suspected fraud cases.
If you create an account or use Muda Services, we may collect the following types of information:
Contact information – your name, phone number, email address, date of birth and other similar information; and
Financial information – your full bank account and/or debit card details that you input when you use Muda Services. If you do not use Muda Services, you may opt out of providing this information.
When you use Muda Services, we collect information about your transactions and/or your other activities on our website and we may continuously collect information about your computer, mobile device, or other access device for fraud prevention purposes, to monitor for possible breach of your Muda Account, and to identify any malicious software or other activity that may harm Muda or its users.
Finally, we may collect additional information you may disclose to our customer support team.
Our cookies never store personal or sensitive information; they simply hold a unique random reference to you so that once you visit the site we can recognize who you are and provide certain content to you.
If your browser or browser add-on permits, you have the choice to disable cookies on our website, however this may impact your experience using our website.
1b. Phone Address book
Contact sync is an optional feature on the MUDA mobile app that allows you to check which of the phone numbers in your device’s address book are registered on MUDA and get their crypto deposit addresses. We only collect phone numbers from your device address book to clarify if they exist on our system and return their crypto deposit address to you which is then saved locally on your device. We don’t store or share your address book information.
Third Party Cookies
As we may eventually sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that certain cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price. We intend to use several partners to advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies will simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
If there is something you aren’t sure you need or not, it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However, if you still need more information, please contact us.
2. How we use your personal data
We use personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
– To verify your identity in accordance with Know Your Customer (KYC), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and sanctions screening requirements;
– To manage and maintain your account with us; – To prevent fraudulent or unauthorised use of our products and services;
– To better manage our business and your relationship with us;
– To improve our products and services, and to develop new products and services;
– To notify you about benefits and changes to the features of our products and services;
– To provide you with personalised advertising and marketing;
– To respond to your enquiries and to resolve disputes.
Where necessary to protect our legal rights and interest, or the interests of others, we also use personal data in relation to legal claims, compliance, audit, risk management and regulatory functions. We may also use personal data in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business.
3. Transfer of Data
We share personal data with:
– Any person that works for us or for one of our group companies;
– Any entity that forms part of the Luno group of companies, including where relevant the Luno operating entity in the country or region in which you live;
– Financial and other institutions we partner with to provide our products and services; companies and organisations that provide services to us, including in relation to technical infrastructure, marketing and analytics, and web and app development;
– Companies and organisations that assist us with identity verification, background screening, due diligence and processing or otherwise fulfilling transactions that you have requested; our professional advisers, consultants and other similar services.
We will otherwise treat your personal data as private and confidential and will not share it with other parties except:
– where you have given permission;
– where we may transfer rights and obligations pursuant to our agreement with you.
4. Security of your Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
5. Legal Requirement
Muda may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
– To comply with a legal obligation – To protect and defend the rights or property of Muda Limited
– To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
– To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
– To protect against legal liability
6. Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide service on our behalf, to perform Service- related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
7. External Links
In addition to the above, such purposes include:
– Providing our services to users, including the display of customized content.
– Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services.
– Ensuring the technical functioning of our network.
– Developing new services.
8. Children’s Privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
9. Online Payment Method
Muda is not associated with any of the trademarks which might appear visible in the Online Payment method lists or payment gateways – in this case, Paystack. Muda does not itself support these payment methods, or claim to be in partnership with them. Also, services provided by Muda are not authorised, approved, endorsed or sponsored by any of the payment methods we use or their respective trademark owners. Payment method listings are visible on the Muda website for informative purposes only. Trademarks which might appear visible on the Muda website, belong to the respective trademark owners alone.
11. Data Retention Policy
We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with national laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our Terms of Service and take other actions permitted or required by applicable national laws.
12. Client’s Liability
The security of your data is important to us. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
13. Contacting the Website
If you have any questions about this Privacy statement, the practices, or your dealing with this web site, please contact us and your inquiry will be dealt with as soon as possible.
© Muda 2022, All rights reserved.
Top House, Plot 65, Kampala Road, Uganda